Jaguar Mark VII (1951-1956)
The Mark VII was launched in 1951 as a replacement for the Mark V (there being no Mk VI). It was powered by the new twin-cam 3.4 litre straight six engine designed specially for it. This model sold particularly well on the US market, for which an automatic gearbox was designed. The VII M appeared in 1955. The “M” developed 190 hp. The model was replaced in 1957 by the Mark VIII.