Skoda, Mlada Bolslav, Czech Republic. 1895 to date
Laurin & Klement set up a bicycle factory in Mlada Boleslav in 1895 and manufactured cars from 1905 on. L&K merged with Skoda of Pilsen in 1925. Since then all cars have been produced in Mlada Boleslav. Skoda became part of the Volkswagen Group in 1991.
Aero started production of a cyclecar, the Aero Type 500 in 1929. The 1937 Aero 30 shown here was really quite good-looking, particularly as a cabriolet. All Aeros were fitted with 2-stroke engines, the 30 with a 2-cylinder 998 cc unit. Production was restarted after the war, but only lasted until 1947.